Although there is a native Telegram application for Ubuntu, Telegram Web makes for an ideal webapp to integrate Telegram with your Ubuntu desktop.
We wanted to create a quick webapp using Google Chrome in app mode with a desktop launcher.
Creates a desktop webapp for Telegram Web, using Google Chrome.
- Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Raspbian or similar Installed.
- Google Chrome Browser installed.
- Telegram app installed on your phone.
- Download the Telegram webapp DEB installation file from the link provided at the bottom of this page.
- Double click on the DEB file to open and install with the Ubuntu Software Center, or from the command line on other Debian based distros with:
sudo dpkg -i telegram-webapp_1.0_all.deb
- Select Telegram from your Dash or Applications menu to start.
- Scan the QR code with your phone using the Telegram application.
- After scanning the QR code you will be logged in to your Telegram account and be able to use Telegram on your desktop.
|Telegram Webapp v1.0.deb